We reach out in MISSION…
We want our faith to be action so we are part of God’s Mission: bringing God’s love to all, freeing those who are captive, and healing the hurting (Luke 4:14).
Hands-on mission projects include:
- Making health kits for survivors of disasters.
- Helping people in Panama build churches and schools.
- SHARE: Non-profit/Non-denominational organization dedicated to providing grocery & financial relief to communities throughout the U.S. SHARE partners with churches and community organizations throughout the country to distribute food to those in need.
- Collecting items/donations for the Pearl Food Pantry; Together, Inc.; Big Garden Project; Blue Flamingo Thrift Store, etc.
Other Missions Team Activities:
- Together, Inc.: Missions helps coordinate the gathering of supplies for Thanksgiving and Christmas food bags. There are also fundraisers done throughout the year such as the food drive during the annual Spring Block Party.
- Spring & Fall Craft Shows: The Missions Teams sponsors two Craft Shows each year with several vendors present. The proceeds raised go towards our mission shares.
- Guatemala Mission Trips: Members of our church have attended mission trips several times over the past few years to Guatemala.
- Breakfasts, lunches, dinners: The Missions Team coordinates several all-church events throughout the year in order to raise money to pay our mission shares.